Amla oil is a natural hair remedy made from the fruit extract of Indian Gooseberry or Amla seeds. It promises to help with most of your hair-related concerns like itchy scalp, hair fall, manageability, as well as making your hair shiny, moisturize, hydrate, and stimulate growth. The oil is vastly available in the market and a lot of people are already using it.
But little did they know about the ingredients of the Amla hair oil.
You see, most people don’t check what they are buying, especially the ingredients part. Amla oil, like any other product, despite being natural can contain chemicals some of which include Paraffinum, dyes, fragrances, and Silicon’s.
These chemicals not only affect your hair health but can also leave it dry and damaged. So, the best way to deal with such complications is to either buy Amla oil that is free from chemicals or to simply make your own DIY hair oil at home.
And for someone who wants to make their own Amla Hair oil, below we have shared 2 easy to follow methods.
Ways to make Amla Hair Oil at Home
Want to make your own DIY Amla hair oil at home, follow the recipe below.
Make Amla Oil using Amla Powder
One of the best and easiest ways to make amla oil is to use amla powder. Because amla powder is made from the ground-up amla fruit, you can use it right away. You can also pair this mixture with herbal powders or essential oils to double the benefits.
For our DIY mixture, we're using it with Castor oil. You can also use coconut oil, sesame oil, or any other oil you preferred.
- 100g Amla Powder
- 8-10 tsp of Castor oil
- Double boiler or Pots
- Wooden spoon for mixing
- Fill one pot with water and let it boil
- Put the second pot on top of it and add castor oil and Amla powder
- Stir it until you see the powder is fully dissolved
- Add more oil or powder as per the consistency
- Once done, close the stove and let the mixture rest for about 10-15 minutes
- After the specified time, strain the mixture and get the oil in a bowl
- Clean your hair before the application
- Apply a small about of Amla oil onto your scalp and gently massage it
- Use your fingers to let the oil deep into your hair strands
- Let the mixture rest on your hair for about 40-60 minutes
- Rinse it off with a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner
- Follow this treatment 3-4 times per week
Read More: Argan Oil for Hair - A Natural solution for your Hair Problems
Make Amla oil using Indian Gooseberry
What can be more beneficial than making oil from the actual fruit? Though this process may seem like the best, finding Amla fruit can be a bit hard, especially if you're outside the Asian sub-continent.
But if you get your hands on some fresh Amla fruit, then this method is for you.
- 4-5 regular size Amla fruit
- Coconut Oil
- Heavy bottom pan
- Wooden spoon for mixing
- Cut the Amla fruit into small shapes
- Add the fruit to the grinder and mesh it
- Now, add the Amla paste to the pan
- Add 3-4 tsp of coconut oil to the pan
- Add the Amla paste into the pan and stir it for 5-10 minutes
- Don't cover the pan as the water vapor will decrease the shelf life of Amla oil
- Switch off the flame and let the mixture rest for about 10 minutes
- Keep stirring after 1-2 minutes to make sure the mixture won't be stuck to the pan
- Strain the mixture and get the oil in a bowl
- Apply the oil on your hair and let it stay for about 30 minutes
- Wash it with a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner
- Follow this 2-3 times per week
Also Read: How to make Neem Oil for Hair Growth?
The Henna Guys Amla Hair Oil
Finding the DIY process a bit tricky? Buy this ready-made Amla oil today. We've formulated our Amla hair oil with perfection to offer you the maximum benefit of Indian Gooseberry.
Made with Amla extract and Sesame oil, this oil is rich in Vitamin E, Vitamin C, and other antioxidants to promote your hair growth and improve scalp manageability.
Some of the prominent benefits of using Amla oil include:
- It can help repair hair damage
- The anti-oxidative properties reduce scalp itchiness
- Amla is good at moisturizing and hydrating your dull hair
- Regulates oil products
- Protects your hair shaft from outside pollution
- In general, anyone with damaged hair can use this oil
How to use Amla Oil for Hair Growth?
Hair fall is a common problem and a lot of people are struggling with this. One of the key highlighted benefits of Amla oil is that not only it can help reduce your hair fall, but can also make it stronger and shinier.
So the first thing you want to do is to get pure Amla oil. Make sure that the ingredients are only natural ingredients, with no preservatives, dyes, or chemicals.
- Section your hair in 4 parts
- Apply the Amla oil on the palm of your hand
- Use your fingers to massage the oil on your scalp
- Cover your full scalp, from roots to the end
- Use more oil on the areas where you feel itchiness
- Let the oil rest on your hair for about 30-60 minutes
- Wash your scalp with a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner
- Repeat this process 3-4 times per week for best results
How to use Amla Powder for Hair Growth?
Amla Powder is also considered a great hair growth product. You can mix amla powder with a carrier oil such as castor oil or coconut to make a hair dye mask. Here's the step by step procedure:
- Combine a small amount of amla powder in a bowl
- Add water and oil of your choice
- Stir the mixture until you get a thin paste
- Apply the mixture to your scalp and roots
- Leave the paste for about 20-40 minutes
- Wash with lukewarm water
There are over dozen studies that show the potential benefit of amla fruit and its extract. Amla can be used as both hair oil and in powder form as a hair mask. You can pair it with other herbal powders and hair oils of your choice. Let us know which recipe you're going to try.
Have any questions? Let us know down in the comment section.