Organic Indigo Powder
USDA Certified Organic Indigo Powder
Indigo powder has been harvested from the indigofera tinctoria plant and used as a dye for thousands of years. Whether you’re already a fan or are looking for a time-tested, natural way to cover grays or darken your hair, our certified-organic indigo for hair offers a chemical-free alternative to conventional boxed hair color.
Best used as part of a two-step coloring process or mixed with our pure henna, the indigo powder works best on gray or brown hair. Even better, indigo conditions your scalp and helps promote hair growth while giving you the color boost you’re after. Make this multifunctional, completely natural hair dye the newest addition to your collection of organic hair products!
Whether you’re looking for healthier locks or a total hair transformation, you’ll love our USDA-Certified Organic Indigo Powder. You won’t just look amazing; you’ll feel great knowing your indigo is free from pesticides, GMOs, PPD, and other undesirables. It’s pure beauty at its best.
Certified Organic Indigo Powder from The Henna Guys:
🌿 Conditions and adds shine
🌿 Means no more irritation, bruises, or burns
🌿 Covers grays and colors your hair naturally
🌿 Boosts manageability and promotes hair growth
🌿 Improves overall hair health with continuous use
🌿 Certified Organic Indigo (Indigofera tinctoria): Blue-toned indigo powder is mixed with henna powder, a red-orange tone, in specific ratios to help create this rich medium brown henna hair dye. Indigo powder, a plant-based hair dye, creates shades of browns and blacks when mixed with henna.
- Mix the indigo with warm, distilled water into a yogurt-like consistency; for a deeper black color, use black brewed coffee or black tea instead of water.
- Once mixed, allow the indigo to activate for 15 minutes. You'll know it's activated once it forms a blue-purple sheen on top.
- Divide your hair into 4 sections. Starting at the root, apply the indigo powder down to the tip until all your hair is covered. Cover your hair with a shower cap or plastic wrap, and let the indigo sit on your hair for at least 3 hours. The longer you leave it on, the darker the color will be.
- Rinse the indigo out of your hair with cool water until the water runs clear.
- Enjoy your new hair color!
For best results, use after a pure henna application or mix with pure henna.
🌿 Boosts manageability
🌿 Promotes hair growth
🌿 Colors your hair naturally
🌿 Conditions hair and adds shine
🌿 Continuous use improves overall hair health
🌿 No more irritation, bruises, or burns
Here is why we’re the top-selling henna brand in North America. Our products are:
🌿Triple-sifted powder for a smooth paste
🌿A blend of henna, herbs, and other natural ingredients
🌿 Made in small batches for maximum freshness
🌿Gluten-free, natural, raw vegan, and 100-percent natural
🌿Shipped with shower cap, gloves, and application instructions
Allergy Warning: Although our henna hair dye is made with natural ingredients, sensitivities and allergic reactions are possible. Help prevent reactions by doing a strand/skin test before applying our henna.
Individual results may vary. These are 100% natural products, and benefits are not guaranteed. Outcome may be affected by other factors like the type of shampoo or conditioner being used, as well as any other chemical hair treatments in the present or past that may affect results.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.