The masses deem a beard as a man’s jewelry, and honestly, we’re all in for it!
Just like scalp hair, facial hair also looks lush when shiny, smooth, and thick. But to get the true en-vogue beard, one needs to put in some effort. Nothing can ease things for you more than an all-natural beard oil.
Why try a homemade beard oil recipe?
Cooking recipes are already a fuss, now I have to make a beard recipe as well? Don’t sweat, it’s not your average kitchen recipe.
People have been using homemade hair oils long before the first industrial product came. These products are organic plant oils, all-natural, and free from any chemicals.
Plus, making them in-house is also beneficial for your wallet. The market ones not only cost a lot but also are filled with unnecessary chemicals that can do more harm to your beard than any good. So, what’s better than getting a thick, lush beard and saving bucks alongside? All it takes is 5 minutes and trusting the process.
What essential oils are good for beard oils?
Every great beard oil has an essential oil as the main ingredient. What oil you use will depend on your needs and requirements.
Pretty much every essential oil adds something positive to your hair. Yet, some get the limelight for being extra helpful. Peppermint, rosemary, cedarwood, lavender, tea tree, and orange essential oils are a few of these that make a great ingredient as beard oil.
Best beard oil recipes for growth
For a homemade beard oil recipe, natural oils are the perfect protagonist. This includes essential oil and carrier oil in your beard growth mix.
Because the potency of organic essential oil is very high, it gives a sense of tingling effect when used raw on the skin. Hence a mix of carrier oils like argan, coconut, or almond is recommended.
You can mix and match different essential oil types per your preference and needs. For instance, cedarwood gives a woody smell while peppermint cools the area where it sits. However, the following combinations are prominent because they work.
Cedarwood beard oil
If you love the smell of wood after rain, this recipe is for you. Cedarwood and sandalwood together produce a sweet yet spicy woody aroma to fill your life with excitement.
The natural plant components in cedarwood oil lock the moisture in your hair, making it look hydrated and thick. The best thing about this recipe is how soft your hair turns out to be. That’s the reason you can use cedarwood beard oil for shaving too.
- 1 tbsp Jojoba oil
- 8 drops of cedarwood essential oil
- 3 drops of sandalwood essential oil
- 1 tbsp organic almond oil
- Add cedarwood and sandalwood essential oils to a glass jar
- Shake the bottle to mix well
- Add jojoba oil and organic almond oil to the mixture
- Mix all the ingredients till you see a clear, uniform oil
Peppermint beard oil
Peppermint’s cooling effect is not a secret. That, with its mesmerizing scent, is the reason why it is extensively used in face and hair care products.
For beard care, peppermint oil is ideal for its uplifting feeling. Use it in the morning to add zeal to the day along with keeping your beard smooth and shiny.
- 4 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 4 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 2 Tbsp Organic almond oil
- 2 drops of lavender essential oil
- Take the glass bottle and add all the essential oils to it
- Pour the carrier almond oil into the mixture
- Mix the ingredients well
- Store in a cool, dry place for application
- You can also add a few drops of Vitamin E oil for extra benefits
Citrus beard oil
Sweet and sour citrus fragrances of lemon and orange are popular worldwide. When these fruits are extracted in the form of essential oils, the scent and health properties become inevitable.
This simple beard oil recipe for growth will yield a go-to organic product with having aroma flying blocks away. You can wear it to events and even at work for extra points.
- Orange essential oil – 3 drops
- Lemon essential oil – 3 drops
- Sandalwood essential oil – 2 drops
- Organic jojoba oil – 1 tbsp
- In a dark-colored jar, add orange and lemon essential oils
- Further, add sandalwood and jojoba oils to it
- Shake the jar well
- Store the mixture away from direct sunlight
Lavender beard oil
Need to unwind from work stress for a good night’s sleep? Lavender therapy is your go!
Our lavender essential oil beard oil recipe is easy to make with few ingredients. The blend is not only revitalizing but also extra conditioning. Many vote for it as the best-smelling beard oil recipe.
- Warm coconut oil a little and add it to a glass bottle
- Make sure the coconut oil is in uniform consistency
- Add lavender and eucalyptus essential oils
- Mix the combination well before storing
Ginger beard oil
This DIY beard oil recipe is no less than a spicy cocktail. The exciting kick of ginger blended with sweet rosemary evens out in a calming aroma. You can use this anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial recipe to keep that beard-ruff at bay.Ingredients
- 6 drops of ginger essential oil
- 2 tsp organic argan oil
- 2 tsp almond oil
- 2 drops rosemary essential oil
- Take fresh ginger and rosemary essential oils in a dropper bottle
- Add argan and almond oil to this essential oil mixture
- Shake the bottle to blend everything
- For best results, shake the bottle before every use
How to use a beard growth oil
The application method is the same for each of these beard oil recipes. Before you start, make sure your hands and beard skin is clean. These beard oil recipes are safe so there are no strict application requirements. However, it would be best if you use them soon after a shower. You may use them daily, biweekly, or whenever you feel like it.
- Wash your hands and beard thoroughly with warm water
- Take a few drops of beard oil in your palm
- Spread it evenly on your fingers
- Starting from the corners, apply the oil to your beard hair
- Use your fingers to ensure the product reaches the base of your skin
- Massage your beard in the direction of hair growth
- Use more oil if the beard still feels coarse or dry
- Repeat the steps every day for the best results
If you are a guy with a naturally dry beard, use the oil as frequently as possible to reduce itching. Similarly, we suggest the same for people living in dry climates.
Aftercare for beard oil
A beard oil is not like a shampoo that needs washing. So, the aftercare is pretty much nothing.
However, make sure you massage the oil deep into the roots to get maximum benefits. A beard brush afterward can be a perfect idea to evenly distribute the product.
How to store an essential oil beard oil
Sadly, like all other things in the world, these oils are not invincible. So, you’ll have to keep an eye on where you store them (not that they run).
If you want your oil to last for at least a couple of weeks without losing its potency, keep it away from sunlight. A cool place away from direct rays and warmth is your cue. You can also use a dark-colored bottle to aid the storage time. Also, ensure that the storage area is dry and free of moisture.
Frequently asked questions
What natural ingredients make beards grow?
Plant oils like olive, amla, or coconut oil are a good source of healthy fats, necessary for hair growth. Besides, essential oils like peppermint, lavender, rosemary, and clove also stand in the front row as beard growth agents.Which oil mixture is best for beard growth?
Use the peppermint and rosemary essential oil mixture for better beard growth. If you are a fan of sweet aromas, adding lavender oil to this mixture will just be perfect. Don’t forget to dilute with a carrier oil first.How can I make my beard thicker?
A thicker beard is directly linked to better hair growth. Focus on your hair health by eating a healthy diet and using natural products like homemade beard oil.
What should you not use in beard oil?
Any chemical compound not present in nature can be harmful to body hair. Conventional beard oils contain sulfates, parabens, and similar ingredients that can be terrible for your beard health. Replace them with a natural, homemade beard recipe.