Thanks for trying out our Henna Hair Dye
We’re sure you’ll love the new transformation. At The Henna Guys, we pride ourselves on using pure plant-based naturally grown and chemical free henna. Since this is a natural dye, henna will NOT lighten dark-colored hair, and individual results may vary based on hair type and your current hair color. The dye may take a few days to darken to its final result. It is recommended to wait three days to see the final color result.
First Time Henna User?
For first-time henna users, it may take up to 3-4 applications to get the desired result. It can be because you’ve already used chemically bleached dye before or your hair may take longer to recognize plant-based dye. Henna has many benefits in addition to coloring hair.
Henna naturally conditions strengthens, and protects the hair from sun damage while removing excess oils! It is also very helpful in terms of itchy scalp, promoting overall hair health and making it soft, silky, and shiny after every use.
Watch the Instruction Video:
What you'll need:
- A Bowl
- Pair of plastic gloves
- Shower cap
- Spoon for Stirring (non-metallic)
- Hair tint brush (optional)
- Black Coffee (brewed) or Water
Don't have the tools? Here you go:
Strand Test for Natural Red Henna Hair Dye
We have tested our Natural Red Henna Hair Dye on 7 different hair strands. This will help you figure out what the before/after result will look like after you're done applying the natural red hair color.
How to Apply Natural Red Hair Color?
- Pour the henna into a glass bowl (non-metallic). Mix the henna with warm, distilled water until you reach a yogurt consistency.
- Once mixed, let the henna sit to activate for 8-10 hours (if the henna hardens up at the end of the 8-10 hours, just add a couple drops of water to loosen it up again).
- Divide your hair into four sections. Apply the henna from the root of the hair to the tip, making sure all your hair is covered.
- Once you are done applying the henna, cover your hair with a shower cap (or saran wrap). Let the henna sit on your hair for 3 hours (the longer you leave it on, the better the color will be).
- After the 3 hours, rinse the henna out of your hair using cool water until the water runs clear. you can use a sulfate free conditioner to help remove the henna. Do NOT shampoo for 48 hours after henna-ing.
- Enjoy your new hair color!
Tips and Notes
Helpful Tip: You can use color-safe, sulfate & paraben-free shampoo after 48 hours of rinsing henna. It helps with getting the color stick to hair better and prevents color wash up.
Important Note: Henna hair dyes are different than conventional hair coloring products, it does not contain chemicals that are required to change the color of your dark hair, or develop color faster, with that being said, it takes around 2-3 hours minimum for the application process. Please reach out to us BEFORE placing an order if you have any questions about the application process.
Allergy Warning: Although our natural red henna hair dye is made with natural plant-based ingredients, some people may still be allergic to plant-based products, to rule that out for this product, please do a strand/skin test before full-on application of natural red henna.
FAQ instructions are provided in the Henna Package.