Have you ever felt as if your hair is a bit too greasy to leave your house? Perhaps you need a quick fix because there's no time to hit the shower? Maybe you try to avoid over-washing your hair, but it seems to get greasy every day?
If you’re dealing with any of these issues, we may have the product that you have always been looking for. Here’s everything you need to know about dry shampoo and how to use it.
What is Dry Shampoo?
So, what is dry shampoo? You need to understand what it is to get a better idea of how the benefits really work. Dry shampoo comes in a bottle that you often spray onto your head, and this little bottle contains a list of ingredients that work phenomenally for most hair types depending on the product.
The best part about dry shampoo is how it can quickly reduce or even remove the greasiness and excess build-up in the hair. Moreover, this is done without any water with the simple swish of a spray bottle. It is mainly found in the form of powder as it is created with gentle ingredients Baking soda, corn starch, organic aloe leaf powder, and more.
Read More: Sulfate in Shampoo - Why should you avoid it and use a sulfate-free shampoo
It is best to use dry shampoo two to three times a week. Although it does a great job at reducing grease, you need to wash your hair every once in a while.
Benefits of Dry Shampoo
To completely answer the question, “what is dry shampoo?” you will need to know its benefits in detail. Here are some of the best things about it:
- Your hair is free of grease without any water
- It is quick and easy to use
- You can touch up your hair after a sweaty workout
- It helps you from over washing and damaging your hair
- It can neutralize odor
- You can instantly add volume to your hair
- If you have dyed your hair, this helps the color stay longer
- Natural ingredients found in dry shampoo promote growth
- It helps with itchy scalp by purifying and hydrating it
- It is travel-friendly, use it whenever you want
- Many dry shampoos contain nourishing ingredients to hydrate your hair
How is it different from Regular Shampoo?
So far, you might think that dry shampoo is the same as the regular kind. However, there are some things that cause the two to be quite different.
- No Water
As most shampoos are available in creamy texture form, you need water to activate it or rinse it out. This isn’t the case with dry shampoo, as all you need is to spray on your scalp and say goodbye to the grease.
- The Speed
Getting in the shower and washing your hair tends to take some time. However, dry shampoo makes the process much quicker. This is because it only requires a few sprays regardless of where you are. There’s no need to go through the entire process of washing and rinsing at all.
Sulfate is an ingredient that is commonly found in shampoos. It may be widespread, but it is not good for your hair at all. The ingredients found in Dry shampoo is mostly free of all sulfates. This makes them a better option to use frequently.
With a little bottle, you can fix up your hair almost anywhere. Just find a place with a mirror, and you’re good to go. Comparing this with regular shampoo, you don't need to worry about finding a proper shower to clean your hair.
Also Read: Dandruff vs Dry Scalp - Difference, Symptoms, & How to deal with it
How to use Dry Shampoo the right way?
Now that you know what it is, let’s talk about how you can use it. Just grab your favorite dry shampoo bottle and follow the steps:
- Prep your hair by parting it into small sections. This will help you get dry shampoo in every place that you need it.
- Shake the bottle so that all the ingredients are well combined before you begin spraying.
- Hold your bottle about one foot away and aim directly at your roots. Make sure not to spray too closely, as this could leave a residue that is hard to remove.
- Begin spraying in only the oily areas. The amount of product you need depends on how oily your scalp is and your hair type. Thicker hair generally requires more product for complete saturation.
- After this, begin massaging your roots gently so that you get the product to absorb all of the oil effectively. This step also activates the nourishing ingredients in the dry shampoo. It will also get the blood flowing in your scalp to promote healthy hair growth.
- Brush and style your hair, and you'll notice how the grease has disappeared.
With these simple steps, you will know how to use dry shampoo effectively. It is a simple process, and if it is done correctly, your hair will be free from grease.
Dry shampoo is fairly common in the haircare industry. It offers a quick and easy way to combat grease without damaging your hair. If you ever catch your hair looking a little oily, you can grab some dry shampoo and fix it instantly.
Using it is also fairly simple as all you need to do is spray it on your scalp, massage it, and you’re all set.