Thanks for trying out our Henna Hair Dye
We’re sure you’ll love the new transformation. At The Henna Guys, we pride ourselves on using pure plant-based naturally grown and chemical free henna. Since this is a natural dye, henna will NOT lighten dark-colored hair, and individual results may vary based on hair type and your current hair color. The dye may take a few days to darken to its final result. It is recommended to wait three days to see the final color result.
First Time Henna User?
For first-time henna users, it may take up to 3-4 applications to get the desired result. It can be because you’ve already used chemically bleached dye before or your hair may take longer to recognize plant-based dye. Henna has many benefits in addition to coloring hair.
Henna naturally conditions strengthens, and protects the hair from sun damage while removing excess oils! It is also very helpful in terms of itchy scalp, promoting overall hair health and making it soft, silky, and shiny after every use.
Watch the Instruction Video:
What you'll need:
- A Bowl
- Pair of plastic gloves
- Shower cap
- Spoon for Stirring (non-metallic)
- Hair tint brush (optional)
- Black Coffee (brewed) or Water
Don't have the tools? Here you go:
How to Apply Pure Henna Powder?
- Pour the henna into a glass bowl. Mix the henna with warm, distilled water until it forms a yogurt-like consistency.
- Once mixed, let the henna sit to activate for 8-10 hours (if the henna hardens at the end of the 8-10 hours, just add a couple drops of water to loosen it up again). We suggest mixing the henna the night before you plan on applying the henna.
- Divide your hair into four sections. Apply the henna from the root of the hair to the tip, making sure all your hair is covered.
- Once you are done applying the henna, cover your hair with a shower cap (or saran wrap). Let the henna sit on your hair for 3 hours (the longer you leave it on, the better the color will be).
- After the 3 hours, rinse the henna out of your hair using cool water until the water runs clear. you can use a sulfate free conditioner to help remove the henna. Do NOT shampoo for 48 hours after henna-ing.
More Instructions are provided in the Henna Pack.