Dark Brown Henna Hair Dye
Dark Brown Henna Hair Dye
Dark brown henna hair is formulated by combining henna with indigo powder (Indigofera tinctoria) and few other herbs. Here is why our dark brown henna for hair is unique & best rated henna hair dye in north America. Our Dark Brown is a 2-Step process which contains 50 grams pure henna and 100 grams proprietary blend of herbal dark brown henna. It can be used as 1 step process as well, but 2 step process is highly recommended to achieve best possible results.
🌿 Colors and Covers your Grey Naturally
🌿 Works Best on grey, light brown & medium brown
🌿 Conditions & Adds Shine to your Hair
🌿 Adds Manageability & Promotes Hair Growth
🌿 Continuous use Improves overall Hair health
🌿 No more irritation, Bruises or Burns
We highly recommend this product to anyone who wants to cover grey hair to dark brown, it works great on grey or light hair colors i.e blonde, light brown or medium brown.
🌿 Anyone wanting to cover grey
🌿 Looking to go darker from lighter
🌿 Who is allergic to chemical hair dyes
🌿 Health & wellness Conscious
🌿 Who wants to go natural
Here is why we are the best selling henna brand in North America
🌿 Triple Sifted Powder for Non-Clumpy paste
🌿 Always a Fresh batch, ethically produced
🌿 Includes Shower Cap, Gloves & Instructions
🌿 Gluten-Free, Raw & Natural
🌿 Chemicals free & PPD Free
Looking for Hair & Beard Dye For Men? Buy Here
- 🌿 Henna (Lawsonia inermis): Does it really need an introduction? Ok then, its a green powder that is made from the leaves of henna plant, naturally it contains red/ orange color, In addition to acting as the the base, it also provides the hair with superb conditioning power.
- 🌿 Indigo (Indigofera tinctoria): Indigo powder is a blue toned ingredient that I again milled from leaves of indigofera tinctoria, When mixed with the red tones of henna, it can provide a range of browns and blacks depending on the ratio of the two powders. Dark brown henna hair dye is made because of the combination of this important ingredient with henna.
- 🌿 Amla (Phyllanthus emblica): In order to darken and help elongate the color, we add in amla. This special ingredient comes from the Indian gooseberry and makes the henna hair dye process more valuable.
- 🌿 False Daisy (Eclipta alba): False daisy helps enhance the henna hair dye effect by adding gloss and revitalizing the hair with its repairing and reconstructive properties.
- 🌿 Neem (Azadirachta indica): Naturally deep condition your hair and scalp as the henna hair dye is working its color magic on you. Neem provides condition properties that can improve the overall look and feel of your hair.
Video instructions on how to apply.
Instructions in below video are shown for a 2 step application process, however for experienced henna users, one step process may work well as well. To get maximum coverage, we recommend two step application process.
Our Dark Brown Henna is a two-step process.
Process 1: Pure Henna
1. In a glass bowl, mix pure henna with warm distilled water until you get a yogurt consistency.
2. Once mixed, allow the henna to activate for 8-10 hours. If it hardens after the 8-10 hours, simply add a few drops of water to loosen it again.
3. Divide your hair into four sections (this makes it easier to apply the henna to all your hair). Start from the roots of your hair and work your way down to the tips, making sure the strands are entirely covered. Once done, cover your hair with a shower cap (or saran wrap), and let the henna sit on your hair for 3 hours.
4. After the 3 hours, rinse the henna from your hair using cool water until the water runs clear.
5. Prepare the Dark Brown powder while your hair dries.
(Please be aware that after this first step, your hair will look/be red. Don't be alarmed. The second step will give you the brown color you're going for)
Process 2: Dark Brown
1. In a glass bowl, mix the dark brown powder with warm, distilled water until you reach a yogurt consistency. (If you want a richer brown, you can use black brewed coffee or black tea instead- it doesn't matter if its caffeinated or not).
2. Let the dark brown mixture activate for 40 minutes. If it hardens, just add a few drops of water (or coffee) to loosen it up.
3. Divide your hair into four sections. Start applying the henna from root to tip, making sure all your hair is covered.
4. Cover your hair with a shower cap/saran wrap, and let the mixture sit on your hair for at least 3 hours (the longer you leave it on, the darker the brown will be).
5. Rinse hair out with cool water until the water runs clear.
6. Enjoy your new hair color!
Helpful Tip: Please use the two step process for optimal results. You can use color safe, sufalte & paraben free shampoo after 48 hours of rinsing the henna. It helps with getting the color stick to the hair better and helps prevent color bleeding.
Important Note: Henna hair dyes are different than conventional hair coloring products as it does not contain chemicals that lighten the color of your dark hair, or quickly develop color. With that being said, it takes around 2-3 hours minimum for the application process. Please reach out to us BEFORE placing an order if you have any questions about the application process.
Allergy Warning: While our dark brown henna hair dye is made with 100% natural and plant based ingredients, some people may still be allergic to plant based products. To rule that out for our dark brown henna, please do a strand/skin test before doing a full on application.
Q: I am not sure of my allergies, is this product safe for me to use?
A: This hair dye is made with henna and other plant-based ingredients, it is 100% natural and safe to use, however, someone people may be allergic to plant-based products as well (peanut allergy is one of the examples), so to rule that out, please do a strand and skin test prior to full application.
Q: I am severely allergic to chemical hair dyes, can I use your dark brown henna?
A: Yes as mentioned above, this product is made with natural ingredients, so its safe to use, however doing a strand/skin patch test prior to use is highly recommended.
Q: Can I use henna on hair that has previously been treated with chemical hair dyes?
A: Henna can be used on hair that has previously been dyed with chemical hair dyes, however, grey coverage or desired color may not be achieved as fast as someone trying on virgin hair. You may have to apply henna at least couple of times to get the desired color.
Q: Why two step process? can this be used as a one-step application as well?
A: Yes, it can absolutely be used as one step process, we highly recommend two step process for first time henna users, as grey coverage is better with two step process.
Q: Is dark brown henna 100% natural?
A: Yes, our dark brown henna is made with 100% natural & plant-based ingredients.
Q: How long does the henna hair dye last?
A: Once your hair gets used to henna, the dye may last between 2-4 weeks, depending on your hair types. You can use our henna aftercare hair oils to keep the color for longer.
Q: Why dark brown henna leaves a little bit of brownish tint in my hair.
A: Since henna naturally contains red color, we use indigo powder with henna powder in our formula to get a darker color. Individual results may be different depending on the experience with henna, hair types and how your hair get along with henna. Brownish tints can be colored over by using only the dark brown application.
Q: Why is this a two-step process?
A: The two-step process gives better results than the one-step (especially if you are a first-time henna user or have lots of gray hair). The dark brown powder contains indigo powder, which gives the dark brown color. Indigo needs a pure henna base to work off of in order to color properly, otherwise, you’ll get strange colors like green (on light hair/grays), or blue/purple tones.
Q: Can I do this in a one-step process?
A: You can do this in a one-step process. To do this, you would still mix the two powders separately as they have different activation times (8-10 hours for the pure henna, 30 minutes for the dark brown). Once each mixture has activated, mix the two together, then apply to your hair and let sit for 3 hours
Q: Why is there more dark brown powder than henna powder?
A: You really just need pure henna on your grey hair vs dark brown all over your hair.
Q: Can I buy the dark brown by itself?
A: Unfortunately, dark brown is sold as a pack. (100 grams dark brown 50 grams pure henna) It is not sold separately due to the two- step process of the dye.
Q: Will this cover my grays?
A: Yes, this will cover your grays. Be aware that grays are incredibly stubborn when it comes to being colored as they are texturally different than normal hair, and dryer as well. It may take a couple applications to get the grays to take to the color.
Q: My grays are still red. What do I do?
A: You can reapply the dark brown powder to your grays, mixing the powder with black brewed coffee and a teaspoon of salt. This should help the grays accept the color and darken to the brown shade you’re looking for. Since your hair is already red, you do not need to reapply the pure henna over the grays.
- Henna Guys
You get 2 applications and that makes it about a normal price for this product. I still have another application and I'm happy so happy with the way the color turned out. Very happy with this product and I plan to buy again.